Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Diva bustin off the cobwebs for the big game!

I giggle at this pic because while I am learning how to shoot a wrist shot and knowing I shouldn't even attempt a SlapShot until I learn the wrist shot (thanks Chad Woollard for this advice!) I am stubborn and silly sometimes and need to feel important as a female wanna be hockey player.... so I did it anyway.  

Ashamed lol.  Because I can't seem to find enough time during the game to even PREP this shot before someone finds me and attempts to steal the puck! 

So, alas...... No "dramatic pause" for the Diva that she is accustomed to on stage.   But hey,  this looks cool!

I had not skated in 3 weeks having been out of town coaching and learning new roles for my career.   I knew I had to skate and get some drills in so as not to be completely useless!  Thanks Greg Davis for kicking my butt those days before the game!  And thanks Jason Blake for showing on Friday even though you weren't feelin well.  I love hockey peeps.



After skating on Thursday and Friday I felt confident I could be good to go.   So my pre game face was..... Well....  The "come and get me" kind..
After having my rear handed to me by some fantastic players on the Wildcards....although I DID hand my own rear to number 14 in a butt check that made him go airborne......  This was my post game face.   At least my make up performed admirably!!!!!  I needed some work hahhaha
 
This was the team PRE game.  We were nervous but exited and felt ready.

So what have I learned?  I look slim in black.... Pink skate laces do not bring luck.... And my rear can be put to excellent use on the ice.  And I still need to learn to play hockey!

1 comment:

  1. Your humorous side was just right, a little sarcasm directed at self and serious gratitude well expressed. Delightful ...

    ReplyDelete