Wednesday, May 1, 2013

TRADER Joes or TRAITOR Joes?????

This last weekend, our Average Joe's game got postponed.  I was SO bummed because I am headed out of town for a bit for auditions and gigs and such.  It was the LAST game this season I could have played in so I was left GAMELESS for the last weekend I could be here!  Well...enter the team where I did most of my growing.... LOS CHUPACABRAS!!!!!

Basically they had a week where not many of the regular team could make it so I, at GREG DAVIS' suggestion, wrote and begged to sub for them.  Apparently, the schedule had the Chupacabras VS the Above Average Joes!   So I guess Davis thought it would be funny to have me play against my OWN nation!  (Even though I am an  D4 AVERAGE JOE,  not a D3 Above Average Joe)  Still.... it's my JOES NATION and I was going to play against them!  For the first time this season I donned a bright orange Jersey with a different name on it! 

 
I WAS SO GRATEFUL TO BE PLAYING.... but a little part of me felt like a TRAITOR!!!  At the same time I was comforted by the fact that I got to join up with my GALS Susie Rain and Laurie Brewer again from Chups days!  Love those gals so much!


 



 
                                        Here is Susie and me, AND Susie's BEVERAGE!!!!

 



                 Here Patrick's beautiful daughter with the stunning eyes!  She is precious and such a love to everyone!!!
 
                              MY BROTHER IN LAW!!!  I just call him my BROTHER.   We started playing together several years ago on the MUD DUCKS....and we moved to the CHUPS together...Now were ARCH ENEMIES....  Just kidding.  Bro... you rock.



 
I was prepared with my OLD Chups jersey for the game... but ended up wearing the new ones they have.  They looked great!  But I'll always have this one for memories.  GREAT ones too.



 
 
 
THE ABSOLUTE MOST GIGANTOR JERSEY I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!! I'm so glad I did not get stuck wearing this... but poor Logan did! I don't know how he played so well in it! And he did play well! If he had spread his arms... he could have flown off of a building and landed safely!  Thats Busby holding it up.  He's going to be out for months due to having a reconstruction on his knee..  MAN... you will be missed.  
 
 
I was also fortunate enough to have the beautiful Katie Beth braid my hair for the game!  I mean.... SALON SERVICE  right in the locker room!  Now THAT is DIVA style!!!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
Here was DAVIS' response to me being in the opposing locker room.  The point of this pic is that the CHUPS Jersey put him right to sleep.  WHATEVER!!!!!! 
 
PS... He also should have been IN THE BOX for what he did to me during the game!  I think he was just looking for an opportunity to dog on me so he suggested I play for the opposite team!!! 
 
ABUSE AND PENALTIES on the DIVA by DAVIS
 
A supposed back check which really consisted of grabbing the back of my hockey pants and jerking me back and forth until I went down!  Even the REF saw it and laughed even though he KNEW he should have put him away for it!
 
A drive by water bottle explosion into my face shield thus disrupting the perfect humidity level in my mask.... creating continous fogging for the rest of the game.
 
Attempted tripping.  (of course this is on my word only lol)
 
 
In the end DAVIS did get the winning goal in Shoot out.... it was impressive I will say AND I was happy because the JOE's won, but I was a Chupacabra in that game and that just rubs me the wrong way!  HAHAHA
 
To quote one of my other favorite players on the Joes.... Brandon Gerst :
"Be thankful you're a JOE." 
 
I AM.  
 
 But I was ever so happy to skate with my old comrades and catch up a little.  Had a GREAT time and very grateful they made space for me to play that night!
 
Thanks CHUPACABRAS for a truly fun game!
 
 
 
PS.... Check out my PIMS on league lineup everyone! I'm a GOON! (And somehow I've never seen the inside of penalty box)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment