Thursday, April 11, 2013

THE FIRST GAME

Penalty Kill No. 3
Originally posted 2011



This was the look I had right after the first game I ever played.



I was SO nervous. I knew I could skate to some decent level (meaning stay on my feet and move around fairly smoothly) I knew I could take a hit IF it happened, always been tough that way. I knew the basic rules of the game and in theory how it worked.


I had NEVER been this nervous walking out on stage in front of thousands at a time, or even intimate theaters as small as 300. I'd memorized 3 hour operas, staging and costume changes, dynamics and sung in Italian, French, German, Czech and Russian. I'd been on TV many times, done Newspaper interviews, been reviewed in top papers and publications......and yada yada yada


but I'd NEVER held a hockey stick, shot a puck, zoomed across the ice in hockey skates while looking for a pass or assisting my center, jumped a wall to land on the ice..... and I'd NEVER done all this wearing a TON of padding!!! I was secretly HORRIFIED.


I literally REHEARSED it all in my head and to my UTTER SHOCK..... nothing was as I had imagined or REHEARSED LOLOLOL!!!!!!



My one highlight of the evening was that I did "accidentally" take a poor fellow out fighting for the puck! Enjoy the quick hockey clip below



IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT WAS IN MY HEAD when I took this guy out, here it is!
They don't call me the CHECKING DIVA for nothing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment